Audio By Carbonatix
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reiterated his commitment to the club, insisting he will stay in his job for "a few more years".
Wenger, 62, had told French newspaper L'Equipe that he would review his position in the summer.
However, after the 2-1 win at Norwich on Saturday, he insisted he had no intention of leaving the Emirates at the end of the season.
And now he has told Arsenal's official website: "I will stay and that's it."
Wenger said: "I have a few more years to go. I will stay and that's it. It was a little sentence if you read well.
"I can only speak for me. The club can decide to get rid of me tomorrow morning and I cannot interfere with that decision, but I am totally committed here and I will show you that at the end of the season."
The Frenchman has been in charge of the Gunners since 1996, leading them to three Premier League titles and four FA Cup wins but he has not won a trophy since 2005.
In September, owner Stan Kroenke insisted Wenger's future as Arsenal boss was in his own hands, and that only he could decide when to end his stay there.
In the L'Equipe interview, Wenger also admitted that losing star players Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City in the summer had been particularly difficult for him.
"For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity," he said. "I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in.
"[Bad results] broke the squad. I often call it 'the season of the last minute'," he added, when asked about Arsenal's poor finish to the 2010-11 campaign, which saw the Gunners finish fourth in the Premier League.
Wenger signed his current contract in August 2010 and it expires in summer 2014. As recently as September, he spoke of staying "another 14 years" at the club.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Fire destroys ICT lab at Gushegu Midwifery Training School, threatens licensure exams
1 minute -
Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
2 minutes -
Bawumia charges NPP executives to rebuild party for 2028 victory
4 minutes -
Unite the region and deliver victory in 2028 – Dr. Bawumia to new Greater Accra NPP executives
5 minutes -
Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says
5 minutes -
The goal is to win 2028 polls – Bawumia
5 minutes -
GoldBod secures 30% of large-scale gold output for Ghana’s strategic reserves
6 minutes -
FDA warns against unauthorised chemicals for ripening plantain
7 minutes -
‘If you sell gold at a loss, you’re not a good trader’ – Afenyo-Markin jabs Sammy Gyamfi
10 minutes -
Dr. Bawumia meets new Greater Accra NPP executives; charges them to bring all talents on board
13 minutes -
Before the Next Jason: When seniority becomes a weapon against young academics
26 minutes -
For President Mahama, every mother must live. What about you?
35 minutes -
OMCs commence fuel price reviews; Star Oil sells petrol at GH¢14.97, diesel kept at GH¢16.97
1 hour -
Residents of Brekusu-Kwabenya-Kitase protest over deplorable roads
1 hour -
Genser Energy secures 456m euros to accelerate next phase of growth across West Africa
1 hour