Audio By Carbonatix
As part of efforts to develop Ghana's tourism potentials especially for the Golden Jubilee, 21 tourists" attraction sites countrywide are being furnished with receptive facilities to meet certain standards. They will have curio shops, museums and souvenir shops.
The Acting Executive Director of the Ghana Tourist Board, Martin Mireku made this known at a media briefing on the board’s role in tourism promotion and Ghana’s 50th anniversary celebration.
Mr. Mireku said work on 15 of the sites is already completed while the rest at various stages of completion.
According to him, there has been public misconception about the role of the tourist Board in tourism development in the country, especially as Ghana celebrates its Golden Jubilee.
He explained that the Board has no special role other than its statutory functions of ensuring that standards are strictly maintained for expected tourist traffic to feel comfortable during the period of the celebrations.
In view of this, he said the Board has put in place a crash programme for front office operations, house keeping skills, food and beverage service and kitchen skills in hospitality establishments in eight regions of the country.
There is also an ongoing food safety operation as regards inspection, grading, monitoring and licensing of catering establishments both in the formal and informal sectors.
On accommodation, Mr. Mireku said 1,405 hotels have so far been inspected and licensed to serve visitors during the celebrations.
He said the Board has also awarded contracts for the production of tourist maps, posters, brochures and other leaflets such as Ghana at a glance to serve as guides for tourists.
In addition, all regional offices have been designated tourism information offices, manned by trained officers to disseminate information to tourists.
Mr. Mireku noted that the Board has an outlined programme for the celebration, to compliment the efforts of the Ghana at 50 Secretariat, and entreated all to get on board.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Sinapi Aba apprenticeship program graduates 290 youth in Koforidua and Suhum
4 minutes -
Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu calls for separation of Parliament and ministerial appointments
10 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Hearts of Oak must ‘win games’ to become champions – Didi Dramani
12 minutes -
Ghana Embassy in Washington launches investment drive in California
24 minutes -
GNAT condemns attack on WASS teachers, vows zero tolerance for violence
28 minutes -
ICGC The Royal Temple donates over GH¢50,000 worth of items to Akropong School for the Blind
30 minutes -
The speaker should be a member of Parliament—Kyei Mensah-Bonsu
32 minutes -
Minority in Parliament doing their best under difficult circumstances – Kyei Mensah- Bonsu
33 minutes -
Fire outbreak at Debiso claims one life
47 minutes -
May God give us the strength and wisdom to serve Ghana with integrity and love – Bawumia
49 minutes -
I am encouraged by our reconciliation efforts – Bawumia
56 minutes -
Accra Mayor empowers 88 PWDs with working tools, start-up capital worth over GH¢300,000
1 hour -
Moon sighting for Ramadan 2026 set for February 18 – Office of Chief Imam
1 hour -
NAIMOS task force cracks down on galamsey in Ashanti Region over Valentine’s weekend
2 hours -
OSP goofed and must tell Ghanaians the truth – Frank Davies reacts to Red Notice decision
2 hours
