Audio By Carbonatix
A pastor's wife was on Tuesday put before the Accra Circuit Court charged with stealing 158 assorted cellular phones, worth GH¢55,100.
Leticia Ayensu Akoto, a trader, was alleged to have stolen the cellular phones belonging to Eric Abrah, her husband, who is a pastor, in August 2011.
She pleaded not guilty to one count of stealing and was granted bail in the sum of GH¢15,000, with two sureties, to re-appear on March 8, 2012.
Prosecuting, Assistant Superintendent of Police Mrs Sarah Acquah told the court that the complainant allowed the accused person to take full responsibility of his two cellular phone shops in November 2009 while he concentrated on his pastoral duties.
According to the prosecution, the complainant took full stock of the assorted cellular phones in his shop before handing over the shop to Leticia.
About 2:00 p.m. on August 2, 2011, the complainant went to his shops and realised that both shops had been closed.
He later received information that the accused person had packed all the cellular phones in his shop and absconded.
Following that revelation, the complainant rushed home and found that the accused person had packed her belongings, together with his cellular phones, and was about to leave for her home town.
The police managed to retrieve 205 assorted cellular phones from Leticia during initial investigations but she could not account for the remaining 158 phones.
She was later charged and put before court after investigations.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
15 minutes -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
29 minutes -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
43 minutes -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
51 minutes -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
1 hour -
‘You admitted the loss, now account for the GH¢22bn’ – Minority hits back at GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
Gender Department raises alarm over rising teenage pregnancy in Ashanti Region
1 hour -
GJA@77: Ethical journalism foundation for strong, resilient democracies – UK Deputy High Commissioner
1 hour -
Police pickup carrying suspects crashes into trotro on KNUST campus, several injured
1 hour -
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
1 hour -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
2 hours -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
2 hours -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
2 hours -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
2 hours -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
2 hours