Audio By Carbonatix
A total of 119 health workers in the Agotime-Ziope District of the Volta region have been inoculated, out of 138 targeted.
Mr Matthew Ayamba Adam, Agotime-Ziope District Health Director, who disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency (GNA,) said they could not meet the target because some of the personnel were pregnant.
He said some were on their annual leave, while some also said based on their faith they were unable to partake in the exercise.
The Director said his outfit was making the necessary effort to get every health worker in the District vaccinated.

He said when health workers who were on the frontline leading the fight against the disease availed themselves for the exercise, it would help reduce people's apprehension and also encouraged them to take the vaccine.
Conspiracy theories and misinformation were affecting the exercise as some people believed that the vaccine will render them infertile when they took it, he said.
Mr Adam said a lot had to be done to address the misconception people have about the vaccine as it was a major factor making them unwilling to take the jab.
He said vaccines over the years have been used to control or cure diseases, so this Covid-19 vaccine was to help reduce transmission of the virus to ensure safety of all.  Â
The Director bemoaned low levels of compliance among the people, saying it was a great challenge, affecting the fight against the pandemic.
He said the district recorded a total of 13 cases since the outbreak of the virus last year in the country with eight recoveries and no death.
Mr Adam said there were currently five mild cases which were being treated at home, urging the populace to eat food with good nutrition to boost their immune system.
Mr John Kwaku Amenyah, District Chief Executive (DCE) for the area, told GNA the district Covid-19 taskforce were on the ground to ensure that the people complied with the safety protocols.  Â
He said “the compliance level is not encouraging, despite the numerous sensitisation programmes we have done in the past.
“Therefore a decision has been taken at the District Security Council meeting for security personnel to ensure compliance.”
The DCE urged the citizens to continue observing the safety measures to stem the spread of the virus.
Latest Stories
-
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
42 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
3 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
3 hours -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
3 hours -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
3 hours -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
3 hours -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
3 hours -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
3 hours -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
4 hours -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
4 hours -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
4 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
4 hours