The Chief Executive of the Ghana Investment Promotion (GIPC) says it is absolutely necessary for quality information to be made available to small and medium entreprises (SMEs)..
Speaking in an interview with JOY BUSINESS at the African Partner Pool (APP) Business Forum, a platform for the sharing of relevant information on taxation and related matters, Mrs Mawuena Trebah said the provision of information on the importance of taxation and quality standards will afford local companies the opportunity to compete favourably with multinationals.
“Utilising this platform as an avenue to share quality information about our investment regime, and the context in which taxes are executed, the impact on standards in terms of accessing new markets [is crucial],” she said.
The GIPC boss maintained that, “It is very important to us at GIPC to communicate with the public about our business and regulatory environment.”
Also speaking to JOY BUSINESS, Country Manager of Invest in Africa, organizers of the APP Business Forum, Sam Brandful, said although taxation is not the most comfortable topic among business owners, it is pertinent for the business community to understand how taxation affects their businesses at all levels.
“The Ghanaian business owner does not like to discuss taxation, we want to blow that away. [But] we want people to understand why as a business, it is important to pay taxes," he stressed.
Mr Brandful stated “it is important to incorporate that as part of a company’s daily activity."
He said this on the sidelines of the African Partnership Pool (APP) Business Forum held under the theme “Creating Thriving Business Through Taxation and Quality Standards.”
The Africa Partner Pool is Ghana’s first cross-sector online business directory that connects larger international and Ghanaian companies (buyers) to local small and medium businesses.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club