Some chiefs, principal members of the Akwatia Abrande family and people of Akwatia are calling for the head of the Akwatiahene Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll over the lack of development in the area.
They are also citing the chief’s inability to account for the people of Akwatia.
According to the people of Akwatia, their town which is popular with its rich Diamond production continues to lack basic social amenities due to ineffective leadership.
The people accused the Akwatiahene Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll of allocating to himself all goodies meant for the people of Akwatia.
At a clean-up exercise meant to clean the abandoned and deteriorating Chief’s Palace and the Community Library respectively, Krontihene of Akwatia Baffour Afisah lll alleged that Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll has been selling admission quota from the St. Roses SHS meant for indigenes of Akwatia.
He challenged the Akwatiahene to mention some citizens of Akwatia who have benefited from the admission quota from St. Roses SHS meant for the traditional council.
He outlined about nine instances where the Akwatiahene has declined to account to his subjects, indicating that, he is not accountable to anyone.
Akwatia Krontihene Baffour Afisah lll added that Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll would go all out to prevent development projects in the town if the contract is not awarded to him in person for execution, a situation which they say has driven a lot of investors and philanthropist away from the town.
He called on Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll to step aside if he can not account for his stewardship, adding that, the people of Akwatia need leadership that is committed to the development of the town.
Abusuapanin of the Abrade family and head of all the families in Akwatia Baffour Antwi Darkwa expressed worry over the situation and mentioned that the family has received several petitions against the Akwatiahene and has made every effort to call him to a meeting in resolving the matter but he has not honoured their invitation.
Baffour Antwi Darkwa said, the Akwatiahene has abandoned the Chief’s Palace, leaving it to deteriorate.
He further expressed worry over an alleged squandering of monies and building materials meant for the construction of a Community Library by the Chief.
He said, if the chief continues to disrespect the family and people of Akwatia, they may have to advise themselves.
Meanwhile, when Osabarima Kofi Boateng lll was contacted, he denied the allegations and mentioned that he will speak to the issues one after the other on a later day.
- Alleged coup plotter Dr Mac-Palm reportedly dead
- Richard Commey suffers TKO defeat to Jose Ramirez
- Kamala visit: Police divert traffic in Accra and Cape Coast from Mar 26 to 29
- 9 die in two separate accidents in the Eastern region
- I’m very excited about the future of Africa – Kamala Harris
- Full text: Kamala Harris’ speech upon arrival in Accra
- Photos of Kamala Harris visit to Ghana
- US Vice President Kamala Harris’ full speech upon arrival in Ghana
- Kweku Antwi-Boasiako: NDC: A word to the wise is enough!
- Playback: Special coverage of Kamala Harris’ historic visit to Ghana
- Sniffing body odour is tested as an anxiety therapy
- Israel defence minister fired in legal reform row
- Strike brings Germany’s public transport network to halt
- Tunisia migrants: At least 29 die off coast
- GAA, GES & NSA set to host National Athletics Championship in Kumasi
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose on the road; Medeama beat Kotoko
- Antonio Conte leaves Tottenham Hotspur by mutual consent
- Playback: The Probe discusses the relevance of a hung Parliament
- Upper West Akim MP organises ‘Adom Easter Gala’ competition for constituents
- Prophet urges members not to bring offertory to church
- Samson’s Take: Ashaiman, state-sponsored terrorism against rule of law II
- Photos of Kamala Harris visit to Ghana
- Climate crisis, empowerment, entrepreneurship, high on Kamala Harris’ agenda for Africa visit
- Kwame Dadzie: Scrap MUSIGA rule that bars ‘ordinary members’ from running for President
- What an honour it is to be here in Ghana – Kamala Harris