Audio By Carbonatix
Hans Adu Sarpei has declared himself willing to fight for his lost Black Stars place again after breaking into Bayer Leverkusen first team this season.
The left-back has not been called up for a Ghana game since walking out on the squad last year. Inactivity at club level also meant he never quiet managed to convince Milovan Rajevac.
But now Sarpei feels the time is right for him to be given another shot at the left-back position he excellently filled during the 2008 Nations Cup.
"I have been playing regularly this season so I think after a long time out, this is the right time to get back. I am in good form so I am am ready for another chance", he told Radio Gold.
Sarpei lost his left-back slot to Harrison Afful after the Nations Cup in 2008 before walking out on the team ahead of a trip to South Africa to face Lesotho.
He declined to go into that episode but says he is now up for the competition.
Source: Kickoff.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Youth unemployment remains government’s biggest challenge — Asiedu Nketia
3 minutes -
Cost of borrowing projected to increase despite policy rate hold – banks
5 minutes -
Guardiola to leave Man City after 10 years as boss
9 minutes -
Carrick confirmed as Man Utd permanent manager
15 minutes -
Photos: Parliament reconvenes, opens second meeting of ninth parliament
15 minutes -
Aisha Bengai challenges young women to prioritise business investment over luxury spending
20 minutes -
AMA donates streetlights to improve security and trading conditions at Kantamanto Market
25 minutes -
Registrar of Companies set to delist 318 companies over compliance breaches
27 minutes -
NDC’s Ako Gunn dismisses NPP petition against judge as bid for political relevance
29 minutes -
National Ambulance Service rejects claims that EMTs are poorly trained
32 minutes -
Fire destroys part of cargo truck near Konongo fuel station
37 minutes -
2026 World Cup: No Foden, Trent and Palmer as Tuchel names England squad for tournament
40 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on Friday May 22
51 minutes -
Ronaldo scores twice to seal Saudi Pro League at last with Al-Nassr
55 minutes -
SSNIT clarifies hotel advertisement, denies sale reports
1 hour