A former President of Ghana National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GNCCI), Nana Appiagyei Dankanwoso, has acknowledged Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum as one of the best-performing ministers in the incumbent administration.
He said the performance and output of Dr. Adutwum since his appointment as a deputy minister and subsequent elevation as a substantive minister are unmatched.
Speaking in an interview with the media, Nana Dankanwoso said the education sector has seen massive transformation, impacting the lives of thousands of citizens due to the ingenuity of the minister who stands tall among his peers.
“He is by far the most outstanding ministers who is serving the nation in humility and with the highest level of dedication,” he observed.
He indicated that it is not common for a minister of state to join students to have breakfast and spend time with them just to appreciate their challenges as a strategy to develop responsive interventions.
As he visits schools across the country, the minister is also known for teaching students occasionally, a gesture many see as a good example that inspires teachers to do more to improve their teaching skills.
He said the introduction of innovative policies in the sector by Dr Adutwum has the potential to produce critical thinkers capable of creating opportunities for others.
His vision to make education the fulcrum of national development through the promotion of Science, Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education is one of the best policy initiatives under any government.
Nana Dankanwoso added that Dr. Adutwum’s personal commitment of sponsoring students in his constituency to pursue science-related courses in various public universities is a mark of a leader determined to lead by example.
He further posited that he was particularly happy about how Dr. Adutwum and his team at the Education Ministry are making Technical and Vocational Education attractive by changing the narrative that it is not an option for brilliant students.
“It is also refreshing that visual arts students also have the opportunity to study engineering courses to further sharpen their creativity in solving problems confronting society,” he stated.
The former President of GNCCI was also excited about the establishment of science labs and the provision of modern equipment to facilitate the study of science at the second cycle level.
He is convinced that the direction that Dr. Adutwum is taking Ghana’s education will yield positive results with the backing of Ghanaians.
“He has been outstanding and in my opinion he is one of the best if not the best so far in this current administration,” he reiterated.
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- SIM re-registration: Your momo account is safe even if you lose your number – MTN assures
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Your books were a joy to read – Social media users mourn Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo
- Arnold Schwarzenegger says friend Bruce Willis will be remembered as a ‘great star’ and a ‘kind man’
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Rampaging youth destroy property in Obuasi over detention of illegal miners
- Our African operations are profitable, contribute 50% to Group earnings says UBA Africa CEO
- David K. Awusi: Let’s stop the stigma to end adolescent pregnancy and reduce maternal mortality
- NYA urges youth in private sector to adopt modern trends of doing business
- Fixed investment to grow at a low 1.3% in 2023 – Fitch Solutions
- Canoe and Fishing Gear Owners Association of Ghana builds capacity of fisherfolks
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Trust Sports Emporium reiterates desire to support lesser-funded sports
- We’ll ensure Kpessa Whyte propagates integrity of the court – Law School Director