The Attorney General has asked the Police to charge Richard Appiah, accused of killing two minors and storing some of their body parts in refrigerator at Abesim in the Bono Region, with murder.
A duplicate docket on the accused was sent to the Office of the Attorney General for advice.
The police said the AG had instructed it to charge Appiah with murder and also send him to the Psychiatric Hospital for extensive review.
“We, therefore, pray for an order of the court to enable us send him to the Psychiatric Hospital.”
The court presided over by Ama Adomako Kwakye ordered the Police to send Appiah to the Psychiatric Hospital and adjourned the matter to November 22.
Appiah, a footballer, is standing trial for allegedly killing Louis Agyeman and Stephen Sarpong in cold blood.
Appiah is accused of allegedly storing some of the body parts of the victim in a refrigerator after killing them.
The court has preserved his plea.
The Police said during investigation, some body parts and intestines were retrieved from a farm.
The minors have since been buried.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- What warranted the payment of Covid risk allowances to staff of Ministry of Information? – Sammy Gyamfi asks
- UniMAC-GIJ to hold 4th inter-faculty lecture
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to fix our schools of shame
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Over 65 African researchers have received more than $1.5m for NTD research
- Joy Clean Ghana Campaign: AMA environmental health officers attacked by traders at Agbogbloshie
- James Gunn on Henry Cavill Superman exit and DCU future
- Ghanaian Disc Jockey LeonardoDDJ hits half a million monthly listeners on Spotify
- Insist on seeing street food vendors’ permit before buying from them – FDA to Public
- Selling old individual bonds before maturity date is not advisable – John Kumah
- DDE: Individual bondholders on pension to protest on Feb. 6 for exemption
- Chaka Demus and Pliers feature Ghanaian singer Renner on Young Gyal Business
- We will settle cases in line with the Law – Buipe Traditional Council assures Chieftaincy Affairs Minister
- FIPAG apologises for actor Yaw Dabo’s ‘lazy people watch movies’ comment
- Excise Duty Bill: Broader consultation needed to prevent decline in business confidence – AmCham to Finance Ministry