Audio By Carbonatix
Aggrieved nursing students from the University of Ghana have withdrawn their legal suit, paving way for the sitting of the licensure exams.
Over 6,000 nursing students should have sat the exams in November last year to obtain certification.
But some students from the University of Ghana, disqualified by the Nurses and Midwives Council, secured an injunction to suspend the exams.
Last week, some of the affected nursing students besieged the Health Ministry to protest the delays in resolving the impasse.
Lawyer for the UG students, Victor Adawudu, tells Joy News his clients have withdrawn their legal suit because they have now been registered for the exams.
“All that we wanted has been solved,” Mr Adawudu said.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Dr. Benjamin Kumbour has welcomed the move.
He tells Joy News the ministry is working to avert similar situations in the future.
“The impact was so deep initially; it was creating a lot of agony for the students themselves and the parents. It was putting a lot of pressure also on the ministry. So I feel happy now that we’ve been able to resolve it,” he said.
Dr Kumbour has set up a committee to ensure the problem does not recur.
Source: Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
8 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
9 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
16 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
24 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
56 minutes -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
58 minutes -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
1 hour -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
1 hour -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours -
Founder of collapsed Chinese property giant Evergrande sentenced to life in prison
2 hours -
UK, France, Germany, Italy and Canada condemn Israel’s West Bank settlement project
2 hours -
VIDEO: I don’t subscribe to Oyinbo life, Nigeria’s Elumelu schools lady for calling him by first name
2 hours