Audio By Carbonatix
The leadership of the Civil and Local Government Staff Association Ghana (CLOGSAG), Akatsi South Secretariat, and management of Akatsi South Municipal Assembly have called for the immediate arrest of some individuals who assaulted their members.
“In as much as we call on the Akatsi Municipal Police Command to expedite action in bringing the perpetrators to book, we also call on traditional authorities, assembly members, opinion leaders and heads of religious bodies to caution the public against such barbaric acts.”
The call was made in a statement jointly signed by Mr David Okonkwo Lartey, the Chairman of Akatsi South CLOGSAG and Mr Emmanuel Ikpe Quacou, the Municipal Coordinating Director of the Assembly.
“This barbaric act is unacceptable and condemnable, especially within an advanced enclave such as Akatsi with a municipal status. We also wish to emphasise that the safety and security of our members and staff remain paramount to leadership,” the statement said.
They hinted that they would not hesitate to take action to protect all staff.
“Leadership of CLOGSAG and Management of Akatsi South Municipal Assembly therefore wishes to assure its members and staff that we are not going to sleep over this assault case till justice is served, to avert a recurrence,” it said.
It said on Friday, January 17, two assembly staff working at the Physical Planning Unit chanced upon a site being developed by a private developer at Wlitey Lagbokope, a suburb of Akatsi during one of their usual official routine inspections, in compliance with development norms regarding physical planning in the area.
The two officers, the statement revealed, upon approaching the site in a civil manner, introduced themselves and further inquired whether they had a development permit for the project.
“Sadly, without any form of provocation, the developer joined by his workers, launched physical assault on them and the officers had to flee for their lives."
The team, the Ghana News Agency gathered, subsequently went to report the incident to the Akatsi Municipal Police Command and a team of police officers were detailed to accompany them back to the site so they could perform their duty.
Again, the two officers were assaulted for a second time in the presence of the police by a larger mob, resulting in various degrees of injuries, with their dresses torn and soaked with blood.
The statement said despite this, it was sad that no arrests had so far been made by the police so far.
Meanwhile, the Akatsi Police, when contacted by the GNA, called for collaboration from the complainants to bring the perpetrators to book.
Latest Stories
-
GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?
3 hours -
Two injured in stabbing attack at Canada Sikh temple
3 hours -
Modi spent years building his strong image – why is he making Gen Z reels now?
3 hours -
Canada ‘should fight’ as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier says
3 hours -
Man Utd agree ÂŁ70m fee for Brighton’s Baleba
3 hours -
Inter-Agency Football Gala: YEA organize event as part of National Youth Month celebration
3 hours -
Receiver fights High Court order to hand over No.1 Oxford Street Hotel to Cheddar’s company
4 hours -
Partey begins new chapter in Saudi Arabia with Al Shabab
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
4 hours -
One killed in sword attack at Swedish school
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots
5 hours -
Heart of the Beast to Practical Magic 2: 10 of the best films to watch this September
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
5 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
6 hours