President Nana Akufo-Addo will from Thursday embark on a week's tour of the Northern, Upper East and Upper West regions.
The week-long tour will see the President visit the Bolgatanga Central, Bolgatanga East, Navrongo Central, Builsa North, Bunkpurugu, Nalerigu Gambaga.
Other places of visit are Walewale, Tamale Central, Karaga, Savelugu, Tolon, Yapei Kusawgu, Damongo, Wa Central, Daffiama/Buise/Issa, and Jirapa constituencies.
This tour comes on the heels of the President’s recent 3-day tour of the Volta Region, having earlier visited the Brong Ahafo and Western Regions.
Beginning from the Upper East Region, President Akufo-Addo will in the two-day tour, inspect ongoing work on the Bongo-Balungu-Namoo-Zorko road and visit the 1-village-1-dam project site at Kuyellingo in Bongo.
He will also inspect ongoing work on the Navrongo-Chuchuliga-Sandema Road, cut the sod for the construction of a new district police headquarters and interact with chiefs and traditional rulers, amongst others.
Whilst in the Northern Region, from Saturday, the President is expected to cut the sod for the construction of the Nasia-Janga Road and inspect ongoing works on the Nalerigu/Gambaga town roads.
He will also cut the sod for the 1-village-1-dam Integrated Agriculture with Renewable Energy for Poverty Eradication (IAREPE) project in Savelugu and construction of a district hospital in Tolon.
The President will as well inspect ongoing works in the construction of a warehouse there as well.
The President will also commission the Motor king assembly plant at Lamashegu, cut the sod for the construction of an accident and emergency centre at Yapei/Kusawgu, and will interact with Chiefs and traditional rulers in Damongo, Buknkrugu, and Nalerigu/Gambaga.
In the Upper West region, the President is expected to commission the new Upper West Regional House of Chiefs building and a new library/Amatrol laboratory complex of the Wa Polytechnic.
He will inspect ongoing works at the construction of a multi-purpose Youth Development Centre in Wa; inspect ongoing works on the Wa-Han road, and commission projects at the Ullo Senior High School in Jirapa.
The President will end the tour on Wednesday 25th July, 2018.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- Aisha Huang trial: We need to take a strong stance against illegal mining – Judge
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain