We thought the song was special but the video is even better. Akwaboah has finally dropped the visuals to ‘Sanbra’ (Time to Return).
Sanbra is a single the singer cum songwriter released to commemorate ‘Year of Return’ and a soundtrack to future ‘Beyond the Return’ activities.
The video captures the sights and sounds of Ghana and gives the ‘wow! I didn’t know Ghana was this nice” vibe.
It might be early days yet but the video is surely a contender for video of the year. Iconic images run through and the editing is truly world-class to befit the timeless song that ‘Sanbra‘ could potentially become.
The video, directed by Mr Miah is a perfectly synchronised masterpiece with each frame woven together by culture, heritage, history and love for the motherland.
Renowned visualist Bob Pixel curates emotive elements in the video with tasteful drone shots and Vava of Fewlines Studios provides a Midas editing touch.
There are already talks of a pan African remix to Sanbra featuring artists from other countries. Akwaboah has described Sanbra as his love song to Ghana as he extends his brand across Africa and the world.
This is a video with huge promotional value and one that will resonate with people connected to Ghana and Africa, especially those in the diaspora.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene
- National Queen Mothers Platform joins fight against illegal mining
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act
- If your music penetrates China, then you have done enough as an artiste – Kuami Eugene
- Playback: PM Express discuss Moody’s further downgrade of Ghana to junk status
- Chamber of Telecommunications outlines services to be affected by SIM deactivation
- Ernest Kojo Manu: Bumpy roads, illegal speed ramps posing serious threat to safety of road users