Audio By Carbonatix
Sky Sports understands Middlesbrough have agreed a deal with Bristol City for Albert Adomah and the winger is due to undergo a medical on Tuesday.
Adomah is keen to leave Ashton Gate following City's relegation to League One and he saw a transfer request refused earlier this summer.
Wigan Athletic have had two bids turned down and City boss Sean O'Driscoll stated last month that he was keen for a swift resolution to the situation.
It now appears that Adomah is close to finalising a move and he could become Middlesbrough's fourth signing of the summer.
Boro boss Tony Mowbray confirmed on Monday that he has offers in for several players as he tries to further strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.
He said in the Gazette: "My job is to try and identify footballers who can try to help the team. It's not my job to try to negotiate transfers so I don't know where that's at.
"I would hope we will have two or three players in in the next week or two which will freshen the team up to the point where it will create more competition."
Mowbray added: "We've been trying for a few weeks now and it's not easy when you haven't got a centre-forward on the bench who thinks he should be playing and is ready to rip his tracksuit off and come on and show you that he should have been starting.
"But hopefully we'll rectify that and create some competition in the next few weeks.
"We will try to strengthen in a few areas of the pitch before the window shuts. We've got two or three bids in for different players and we wait for those clubs to make decisions on their futures."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
1 minute -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
8 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
34 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
47 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
55 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
56 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
1 hour -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
1 hour -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
4 hours