Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana midfielder Andre Ayew has decided to put discussions on his club future on hold while he concentrates on winning a place in the World Cup squad.
The 20-year-old raised his stock in the transfer market after aiding Provence club Arles Avignon to secure promotion to the French Ligue 1 last week.
Ayew, son of football legend Abedi Pele, has been named in Ghana’s preliminary 30-man squad for a pre-tournament training camping in Paris starting May 24.
He hopes to impress head coach Milovan Rajevac with an improved work ethic and earn a World Cup place in his burgeoning career.
Ghana will name its final squad on the 1 June deadline set by Fifa.
Ayew’s loan spell at Arles expired at the end of the season and Olympique Marseille are keen on taking him back despite attracting huge interests from other European sides.
But the 2009 Fifa Under-20 World Cup winner is keeping his options open.
“I have to cut short the celebrations for now and look at the World Cup and see how I can contribute to the national team and that is exactly what am trying to do. My next move can wait for now,” Andre Ayew told Ghanasoccernet.com
“I don’t know what will happen tomorrow and where I will be playing next season but my agents will handle that later. Maybe after the World Cup but as at now that is not my priority.
“My focus is the World Cup and that is what is running through my mind.”
Source: Ghanasoccernet.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
47 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
1 hour -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
1 hour -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
1 hour -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
1 hour -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
1 hour -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
3 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
3 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
5 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
5 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
5 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours