Audio By Carbonatix
Barcelona are now free to register summer signings Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal after the transfer ban imposed by FIFA expired on Monday.
Barca were prohibited from registering new signings for two consecutive transfer windows after breaching FIFA rules on youth transfers but they bought Turan from Atletico Madrid and Vidal from Sevilla in the summer with the intention of registering them on Jan. 4.
Barca had attempted to register Turan prior to the ban being lifted as a result of a long-term injury to Rafinha but the effort failed despite an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Both players are now available to make their debuts on Wednesday when Barca host Espanyol in the first leg of their Copa del Rey round-of-16 clash.
Barca coach Luis Enrique said: "They are players with the right personality to play in this team."
Vidal has not featured since June while Arda Turan has played six matches for Turkey since the start of the season, but Catalan newspaper Sport reports that both players are fit and ready to play against Espanyol.
Barca technical secretary Robert Fernandez said: "It has been a difficult four months as we have had two players who have been keen to play and we have wanted to see them in action.
"Still, these months have worked well in letting them get to know our style of play and the system."
Turan will not wear the number 10 ) as he did with Atlético Madrid and, before that, with Galatasaray. He will instead inherit the number 7, previously worn by former blaugrana forward Pedro Rodríguez.
Vidal, for his part, will sport the number 22, the same number he had in Sevilla last season, and which was formerly splayed across the back of Dani Alves.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Latest Stories
-
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
6 minutes -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
1 hour -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
1 hour -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
2 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
2 hours -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
2 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
2 hours -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
2 hours -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
2 hours -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
2 hours -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
2 hours -
Swimming stakeholders call for legitimate governance and constitutional elections in Ghana Swimming
3 hours -
Akatsi Police seize suspected cannabis consignment, driver escapes
3 hours -
EU investment in Ghana reaches $16bn – GIPC’s Boss
3 hours