Day one of the 2021 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) experience is here.
The organiser, Charterhouse, promised a night of good music, fun, red carpet looks, entertainment and more.
The night featured performances from Nanky, Cina Soul, Yaayaa, Epixode, Okyeame Kwame, Sister Afia, Larusso, Fameye, Kofi Kinaata, DopeNation, Dead Peepol, Legendary Bob Pidodo and many others.
Some winners on the night include Kofi Kinaata who made history with his 4th Songwriter of the Year award win, Keche won Group of the Year, new artiste Abiana won Female Vocalist of the Year and MOG Music for the second consecutive time won the Male Vocalist of the Year award.
Follow the live update for more:
The show returns on Saturday, June 26 at 8pm.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Pardon Suame NDC Youth Organiser for misspeaking – Sammy Gyamfi tells Police
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority
- Ministerial appointments do not cost as much as people think – Dr. Adomako Kissi
- Visiting green spaces 3-4 times weekly may lower your need for meds, according to new study
- Use legal means to challenge imposition of back-tax – GRA to multinational companies
- We’re encouraging Ghana’s government to push education in creative arts – Idris Elba
- Poultry sector receives major boost as two companies team up to produce locally
- UHAS leaps towards improving sports medicine in Ghana
- Make mental health issues a priority – CHAG charges health professionals