Audio By Carbonatix
Olympique Marseille have given permission for their winger Andre Ayew to seek a move away from the side for the right price.
The 23-year old made 35 appearances for the Ligue One side last season, scoring nine goals. He led Marseilles to a runners-up spot in the league with rivals Paris Saint-Germain winning the title.
A number of sides across Europe had expressed an interest to sign the Ghanaian international, but were swiftly dismissed by his side.
However, it now appears Marseilles are willing to sell Ayew should a side meet their reported £15M asking price this summer. His contract still has two years to run so the French side are in no immediate rush to let him go.
Premier League side Liverpool have emerged the favourites to sign the winger in recent weeks, with manager Brendan Rodgers being an admirer of the 23-year old.
Liverpool are yet to make an official bid for Ayew, but they could step up their interest with the Premier League season fast approaching.
Ayew has previously revealed he’d consider offers put to him from other sides this summer, but would only leave if the deal felt right. The Ghanaian international would prefer playing for a side in the Champions League next season so the protracted move to Liverpool could fail to progress.
Serie A giants AC Milan were another team previously linked with the winger, and talks were said to have once been in the advanced stages. However, the club pulled out after failing to agree terms and they haven’t enquired since.
Question marks are hanging over Ayew’s future in France, but he’s expected to reveal his plans in the coming weeks.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
6 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
13 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
40 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
52 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
1 hour -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
1 hour -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
1 hour -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
2 hours -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
4 hours