Barcelona are bracing for life without their Argentine talisman but there’s a possibility Lionel Messi will stay in Catalonia, according to a La Liga expert speaking to Joy Sports.
It comes after Messi’s unsuccessful attempt to depart last summer. He withdrew a letter announcing his intention to leave after a standoff with the club over a clause in his contract he believed allowed him to leave as a free agent.
Football writer Guillem Balague, on JoyNews PM Express on Wednesday, however suspects Messi could remain in Spain and may be waiting for Barca to present an offer.
Balague said Messi knows his options are few because of his monetary demands. He mentioned Manchester City and PSG as the clubs capable of signing him. “Messi is waiting to hear what the offer of Barcelona is and then make the next steps”.
“Messi is not stupid. He knows that it will be hard for any side that is not PSG or Manchester City to take him” he said.
He added that “Messi is waiting to hear what the offer of Barcelona is and then make the next steps”.
“There is no clue whatsoever of what he’s going to do the next”.
He pointed to Barca’s current financial situation as the reason for the uncertainty surrounding Messi’s future. The club’s recent audit revealed an institution in distress with the Catalan side recently securing one hundred million euros bank loan to settle players wages.
- Anti-LGBT bill bans sex in its entirety – Barker-Vormawor
- GAUS ranks penis deformity as most common congenital abnormality in Ghana
- Playback: Kojo Oppong Nkrumah hands over medical theatre to Brenase
- Ohemaa Mercy recounts ‘hide and seek game’ with landlord over GH¢15 rent
- Swedru Magistrate Court convicts 7 for impersonation in 2020 WASSCE
- Anti-LGBT bill absurdly written – Barker-Vormawor
- 10 ways to say ‘I love you’ without actually saying it
- Homosexuality is not a fundamental human right – Sam George
- Today’s front pages: Friday, July 23, 2021
- Sidney Tehoda: COP Dr George Akuffo Dampare welcome but
Soldier shoots motorcyclist at East Legon
Don’t lynch anyone accused of witchcraft – Chief of Kusawgu Traditional area urges
MP for Sissala escapes unhurt after alleged attack
Police intensify probe into mysterious death of Chief Inspector
Defence Minister to be queried on journalist, family’s safety
Chief Justice urges auctioneers to uphold integrity of profession
NGOs, CSOs join All-Africa Students Union against child labour
Joe Mettle releases 6th album The Experience
How Takoradi became the hub for creating the first ever African-made table tennis table
Journalists accompanying Minister on tour involved in accident
Anti-LGBT bill far-reaching – Martin Kpebu
Put emotions aside and protect proper human sexual rights – Sam George
Pochettino signs contract extension with Paris St-Germain
Tokyo 2020: Olympics officially start as Naomi Osaka lights flame
Which Olympians have won the most medals?