With the 2022 Academy Awards airing this Sunday, March 27, on ABC, it’s being reported that Beyoncé might be delivering a virtual performance from a tennis court in Compton to open the show, per Variety.
Sources close to the show told the publication that the singer/songwriter could be performing her song “Be Alive,” which is nominated for Best Original Song, from Will Smith’s King Richard film. The tennis court that Bey is reportedly getting ready to perform from is also believed to be the same place that Venus and Serena used to train endlessly with their father Richard, one of the many moments captured in the film.
Smith might even make a cameo appearance during the performance. Deadline also noted that Bey did not want to have any special treatment and would likely only deliver a pre-taped performance if all the other musical acts had the option to as well.
Regina Hall, Wanda Sykes, and Amy Schumer will all be presenters hosting during the Oscars this year.
It’s also being speculated that other nominees for Best Original Song that could perform at other points during the night are Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “Dos Oruguitas,” from Encanto, Van Morrison’s “Down to Joy,” from Belfast, Billie Eilish and Finnea doing the No Time To Die 007 theme, and Diane Warren’s “Somehow You Do” from Four Good Days.
Complex has reached out to reps for both Beyoncé and the Oscars for comment. The show will air this Sunday, March 27, at 8:00 p.m. EST.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices
- Netherlands reaffirms commitment to transform Ghana’s economy to be more ‘GrEEner’ and circular