The first ordinary meeting of the second session of the eighth Birim Central Municipal Assembly has been held at Akim Oda during which an amount of ¢35,000 was presented to rainstorm disaster victims.
Senior Presidential Advisor, Yaw Osafo Marfo together with Member of Parliament for Akim Oda Constituency, Alexander Akwasi Acquah contributed the amount.
On April 5 2021, at about 1530 hours, a devastating rainstorm hit Akim Oda constituency and ripped up large portions of houses, and school buildings, displacing scores of people.
Mr Marfo said he was contacting some benevolent organisations to assist the victims.
Participants at the two-day meeting discussed pressing issues that included; proposed Birim Central Municipal Assembly call centre, preparation towards hosting 2022 national cross-country sporting event in Oda, and relocation of Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) poles to facilitate smooth lifting of a refuse container at Akotomorease.
Regarding the proposal for a call centre, there was lack of consensus by discussants with an explanation that, due to the recent poor network connection the issue must be postponed for later deliberation.
On sports, the house suggested that the group in charge of sports in the municipality should consult the Municipal Chief Executive to form a Local Organising Committee to see to the preparation towards hosting of 2022 national cross-country sporting event.
Also, the house found it necessary to provide the Environmental Health Unit with adequate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) to ensure a quick and safe burial of paupers and Covid-19 bodies.
Concerning revenue collection, it was recommended that, management should assign revenue collectors to areas like Gyadem, Oda-Nkwanta, and Essem where revenue collectors had not been assigned to in previous years to avoid sole concentration in few communities.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology
PFAG trains Farmers at Fumbisi in bush fire prevention
Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
Address economic hardships – BudgIT Ghana to government
Private agribusinesses organize conference on greenhouse production
GOIL donates to Chief Imam towards Eid Al-Fitr
Uber, Bolt, Yango drivers in Kumasi suspend services over life-threatening incidents
UEW Signs MoU with T-TEL to reform Educational Sector
Central Regional House of Chiefs vow to be more development-oriented
New Kejetia Market closed down after Tuesday’s fire
Message from the Morning Man: Albert and the Bees
Asantehene to open Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining on May 12
Taskforce will curb illegal chainsaw operations – Municipal Director says