Spokesperson of the Ghana Football Association, Henry Asante Twum, says all the players in the Black Stars are fit and healthy ahead of Thursday’s clash with Portugal.
According to him, there has been no report of injuries in Ghana’s camp, and the team is very poised for their open game with Portugal.
He praised the medical and technical teams of the Black Stars for their attentiveness and effort in keeping the players fit and ready for Thursday’s clash.
Speaking on JoyNews’ PM Express, he said, “All 23 outfield players and three goalkeepers are all healthy. Maybe we’re lucky, some injuries have been reported in other camps. But on that note let me say that our medical team has been up to the task, they have done absolutely magnificent working on the condition of these players; Dr. Pambo, Jonathan Quartey and all the physios, they have done incredibly well to keep our players in sound, strong conditions going into this match.
“It is not easy, when we were in Abu Dhabi for instance, the weather was 28, 30, 32 degrees, and even when we played against Switzerland it was 33 degrees hot in the afternoon. We went through that unscathed and the following day we had training and I think it’s also good that when we arrived here the technical team decided to give the players one day off which really helped them to rest their limbs and then we began training the following day. So we’re all good.
“In terms of injury concerns, there’s none to report.”
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds