Boxer Joshua Clottey has revealed he will hang his boxing gloves in two years time.
Clottey faces Anderson Clayton in a highly- rated light middleweight contest in a bout which he has vowed to win to honour the memory of his late trainer Godwin Nii Dzanie Kotey next month.
The 39 year old who has a record of 39 wins and five loses making up his professional record says he will call it a quit at 41.
“I will hit 39 this year and by 41 I think I have to call it a quit, so in two years time I will be done,” he told reporters
“I almost fought a world title last year but my opponent pulled out-reasons only known to him.
“I can promise my fans of something big before I retire so I just need their support and prayers to make things happen.”
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
- I’ll walk naked to Parliament to protest the anti-LGBTQ bill if it’s approved – Mother of transgender singer affirms
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill won’t meet constitutional test going forward – Dr Poku Adusei
- Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
- Homeland Study Group Leader, Papavi reported dead
- Embassies’ denial of visas over Anti-LGBTQ bill amounts to imperialism – Economist
- Samson’s Take: Stop hurting with your bad attitude at work
- Anti LGBTQI+ Bill: Does the NDC have one face at home and another face abroad? – Prof. Emerita Manuh asks
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Anti-LGBTQ Bill and 7% hike in fuel prices
- Nothing will change about fuel prices – CEO of Bulk Oil Distributors
- Killer lamps removed from 1,418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
Paul Pogba: Man Utd need to ‘change something’ after loss to Leicester
ECOWAS deploys 55 observers to Presidential election in Cabo Verde
Ghana’s Sustainable Financing framework published on Finance Ministry’s website
Livestream: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Human Rights advocate urges Ghanaians to be circumspect with discussions on LGBTQI+ bill
Proscribed lamps removed from 1418 vehicles in one week – NRSA
TECNO Brings Ultra-steady and Ultra-clear Gimbal Camera Phone CAMON 18 Premier
“You’ve all been cowed” – Mahama criticises media for not probing corruption allegations against government
Two-month tax waiver on fuel products “unconstitutional and populist” move – Dafeamekpor
Anti-LGBTQ Bill: We are making it a crime for anybody to attack any known gay person- Dafeamekpor
Reality zone with Vicky Wereko: No quarantine, doors open – UK says you may come, but……
Nurses, midwives and relatives saw my son as a girl – Mother of transgender recounts
LPG prices likely to go up by end of year due to government taxes – Petroleum Economist
Government urged to adopt policies to promote and cultivate indigenous foods
Ibrahim Ben-Bako’s high-tone habitude placed him center of attention at the Kab-Fam Ghana Music Awards UK 21