A ten-year-old boy has been walking to and from school on his hands every day for the last four years.
Yan Yuhong, of Jiaba village, Yibin, in China’s Hubei Province, was left partially paralysed by a childhood illness.
He initially crawled to get around but learnt to walk on his hands when he was just four-years-old.
Yan has to get up much earlier than his classmates – as his journey takes him an hour-and-a-half each way.
He can also get about with crutches but says he can walk much faster on his hands.
His father is also disabled, leaving his mother as the sole bread-winner, but Yan is determined to finish his schooling.
“I don’t want to quit,” he said. “I want to study hard, and support myself in the future.”
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD
National Bee Keepers Association laments ‘lukewarm attention’ towards beekeeping
China willing to help India in Covid-19 fight
IPPs chamber applauds Energy Minister for his candour and readiness to solve energy problems
Cape Coast North NPP fights MP over ‘false’ claims of securing 3 road contracts
Scabies outbreak hits Effiduase as health authorities struggle to contain it
Google and Apple attacked on app store ‘monopoly’
Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
AMA ejects illegal occupants at Independence Avenue Cluster of Schools