A 2104 World Cup ambassador has revealed, he and two others have not been paid after they were contracted by the Cocoa Processing Company to do adverts as part of the company’s plan to cash in during the FIFA World Cup festivities last June.
Former Black Stars player Augustine Arhinful told the Justice Dzamefe Commission of Inquiry on Monday, that together with ex-captain C.K Akunnor and actor John Dumelo, they featured in an outdoor advertisement to project the CPC.
In the advert, the three are holding a bar of golden tree chocolate and spotting T-Shirts branded with Ghana’s colours.
The commission which is investigating Ghana’s poor World Cup campaign in Brazil, heard that the three ambassadors were promised $10,000 each for the billboard advert. But the company pulled out of the deal explaining it was too late to run the adverts with the World Cup so close.
Mr. Arhinful told the Commission he was shocked when his daughter called him to say “we saw you trying to eat chocolate on a billboard”.
He expressed disappointment that the company to date, has not paid a penny for the work they did.
The billboards can be seen on the Achimota-Circle road.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Joe Ghartey picks NPP presidential nomination form
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia