Football administrator and Board member of Accra Hearts of oak,Frank Nelson Nwokolo, has said he does not want the Black Stars to be paired against World Cup hosts, Brazil and defending champions, Spain during next week's draws for the 2014 FIFA World Cup slated for Brazil.
"All the teams that qualified for the finals are tough teams to have made it to Brazil in the first place," Nelson pointed out.
"So there's no small or push-overs among them but I believe that it's always difficult playing against host teams in major competitions like this.
"And again, Spain are the defending champions and we saw how they played during the FIFA Confederations Cup last June, so Black Stars being in the same group may not be the best".
Nelson further said the atmosphere in Brazil during next summer's Mundial will be different from what obtained during the Confederations Cup last summer.
"The Black Stars have grown in experience and confidence. There was no Isaac Vorsah, Jonathan Mensah and few others during the matches against Egypt and this time, they will all be on parade.
"So we're bound to see a better Black Stars team in Brazil. The atmosphere will be more intense and only the better prepared side will go through.
"Having said that, I would say this is the time for the Ghana FA to ensure that the Black Stars prepare well for the World Cup.
"There should be more quality friendly games as usual and enough time for camping of the players so that at the end of the day, a well prepared Black Stars will emerge and surpass their previous performances at the World Cup", the experienced handler posited.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- 7 vehicles crash at Achimota dual carriage
- ‘BoG has lost focus’; it’s to be blamed for high lending rates – Togbe Afede
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
Livestream: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond
Police prevents #FixTheCountry protestors from presenting petition on 2022 Budget to Parliament
Bank of Ghana signs historic MoU with Bank of Mauritius
279 Ghanaians, 107 foreigners arrested in a joint security operation in 5 regions of the North
NSMQ 2021: 6 things we learned as Presec fails back-to-back bid
Speaker committed to seeking the best interest of citizens
NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra