Stakeholders in the aviation industry have committed to ensuring high safety standards in the sector to retain the nation’s tag of being one of the safest air travel space.
Speaking to JoyBusiness at the launch of the Aviation safety week, the Director for Safety Regulations at the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority, Daniel Acquah, said the role of improved safety standards cannot be overemphasized if Ghana will maintain its spot as having one of the safest airports in Africa.
The maiden safety week celebration of the aviation safety inspectors association of Ghana brought together management and staff from the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority, Airport Company Limited as well as Airline companies and service providers together to deliberate on safety measures in the industry and its role in making Air travel a preferred choice of transport.
On her part, the Aviation Minister, Cecelia Dapaah, acknowledged the role of safety as on f the determining factors for the successful creation of Ghana’s aviation hub. She said her outfit has put in place a policy framework to enhance safety and security of air services.
Similarly, the president of the Aviation Safety Inspectors Association of Ghana hoped the framework will allow for a more harmonious collaboration between regulators and stakeholders to maintain safe air travel in the country.
The two-day celebration underway at the Ghana Civil Aviation Training Academy will include conferences and exhibitions.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- 2019 Budget: New taxes, increases will be unacceptable - Economics professor
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed