Lawyers of gold trading company, Menzgold have requested a meeting with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) over the shut-down of operations.
According to them, the meeting is in furtherance of difficulties associated with SEC directive to shut down operations with an immediate effect.
“In the interim period, we write to respectfully request for a meeting within the coming week to resolve this impasse. It is important that this is done with some alacrity to ensure that the affairs of our Client and its Customers are kept in proper stead,” the letter signed by Kwame Boafo Akufo said.
Menzgold reiterated the point that they are not engaged in any capital market activity.
Management of Menzgold has announced Thursday morning that it has temporarily halted its collectibles and any new business related to its gold vault market with immediate effect.
According to the company, the halt of what is also called extra value payments takes effect from today Thursday, September 13 and will be in place for six days, "by which time we believe all pending issues related to the Gold Vault Market Product would have been ironed out."
The company is hopeful the halt would not go beyond September 19, 2018.
"This decision, though very unfavourable to us has been informed by our commitment to the rule of law, absolute respect to state agents, agencies and total submission to the state," the press release, published below, stated.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana misses top 10 African destinations to visit in 2018
- Accra to host expanded China Trade Week event from June 19 - 21
- Former GNPC Boss, Theophilus Ahwireng named MD of MODEC
- Economy at the mercy of foreign investors, importers – BoG Governor
- Economist urges BoG to regulate ‘black market’ to ensure exchange rate is sustained
- West Africa’s mobile economy to reach $70bn by 2023 – report
- BoG constrained in fight against cedi depreciation – Asiedu-Mante
- NPA considers use of tech to fight petroleum fraud
- Huawei first-quarter revenue grows 39% to $27bn
- Navigating Sub-Saharan Africa’s recovery amid greater uncertainty
- Oil hits 2019 high on U.S. plan to tighten squeeze on Iran
- Upper West: 1,022 bags of maize harvested under PFJs
- Gov’t, Labour agree to build consensus on dev’t issues
- Ofori-Atta steers World Bank/IMF Development Committee on global dev't issues
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier