Ethiopian Airlines will from January 2019 be taking Ghanaian aviation students for training in Addis Ababa through a collaboration with the Ghana Aviation Training Academy.
Located in Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian Aviation Academy (EAA) is ranked amongst the world's top aviation training centres providing competitive global standard aviation training services.
Speaking to JoyBusiness, the country Manager for Ethiopian Airlines, Genet W. Michael, said so far about 11 trainees have been selected for the first batch of training.
“Together with the Ghana Aviation Training Centre, we are doing the recruitment and they will be sent to our academy in Addis Ababa,” he said.
According to Madam Genet the first group will undergo cabin crew training for three months and are likely to set off for Addis Ababa this month.
The Ethiopian Aviation Academy is the largest and the most modern aviation academy in Africa and a full ICAO TRAINAIR Plus Member.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Video: Alhassan Andani makes startling revelation on banking crisis
- Banking crisis: We are out of the woods –Stanbic’s Alhassan Andani
- Why the economy grows but jobs are not – Stanbic MD has answers
- Gold gains to near highest since 2013
- African Engineers converge in Tunis for conference on Food Security
- CBG pays out GH¢2bn to depositors, MFIs from bonds
- 'Solar is cheap, don’t be deterred by upfront cost'
- Consolidated Bank launches ‘We Stand With You’ tagline to affirm brand promise
- Absa named Africa’s Best Investment Bank
- 2nd Women in Tourism summit launched
- Allianz Ghana launches micro-insurance policies for informal sector
- Group CEO of Special Investment is 2019 EMY Africa Man of the Year
- Former Barclays chief John Varley cleared of fraud charges
- ACEP okays upward adjustment in electricity tariffs
- Law barring foreigners from retail trade unenforceable – Lawyer