Ethiopian Airlines will from January 2019 be taking Ghanaian aviation students for training in Addis Ababa through a collaboration with the Ghana Aviation Training Academy.
Located in Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian Aviation Academy (EAA) is ranked amongst the world's top aviation training centres providing competitive global standard aviation training services.
Speaking to JoyBusiness, the country Manager for Ethiopian Airlines, Genet W. Michael, said so far about 11 trainees have been selected for the first batch of training.
“Together with the Ghana Aviation Training Centre, we are doing the recruitment and they will be sent to our academy in Addis Ababa,” he said.
According to Madam Genet the first group will undergo cabin crew training for three months and are likely to set off for Addis Ababa this month.
The Ethiopian Aviation Academy is the largest and the most modern aviation academy in Africa and a full ICAO TRAINAIR Plus Member.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan
- GUTA confident of possible reduction in import duties
- Tunisia Trade Mission targets Ghana as strategic point of investment
- Tullow raises 2019 oil output forecast
- The gov't that did not see ¢30bn unreported gold leave Ghana
- Unilever Ghana unveils new manufacturing plants in Tema