The Financial Stability Advisory Council (FSC) has held its maiden meeting months after President Akufo Addo formally inaugurated it.
The Council was formally inaugurated on 12th February 2019.
The Council signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to set out the operational details relating to its work.
“Members took note of presentations made by the Technical Committee of the FSC on an overview of Ghana’s sector, the level of interconnectedness in the financial sector and the need for better coordination of policies across regulators,” a statement from the Bank of Ghana has said.
“In addition, they emphasized that the establishment of the FSC was timely since it created a common platform for the various financial sector regulators to work together to ensure the stability of the financial system,” the statement added.
On 28th December 2018, the President of the Republic established the Financial Stability Advisory Council (FSC) by an Executive Instrument in the exercise of his Executive authority under Article 58 of the Constitution.
The FSC was established with the objective of strengthening and reinforcing the stability of the financial sector, coordinating regulation and supervision of the financial system, evaluating and mitigating financial stability risks, and developing and enhancing resolution frameworks for crisis preparedness.
Members of the FSC as stated in the Executive Instrument are:
I. Dr Ernest Addison - The Governor of the Bank of Ghana (Chairman);
II. Mrs Elsie Addo Awadzi - The Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ghana in charge of financial stability;
III. Hon. Charles Adu Boahen - The Deputy Minister of Finance in charge of the financial sector;
IV. Mr Justice Yaw Ofori - The Commissioner of the National Insurance Commission; V. Rev.
V. Daniel Ogbarmey Tetteh - The Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
VI. Mr Hayford Attah Krufi - The Chief Executive Officer of the National Pensions Regulatory Authority; and
VII. Mr Ignatius Wilson - The Officer-in-Charge of the Ghana Deposit Protection Corporation.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Goil vs Total: which has the happier shareholders?
- IFS blames high policy rate on gov't borrowing
- Santol Energy meets ISO international standards
- SC Keyboard: StanChart launches first social banking solution
- MTN ends 2019 21 Days of Y’ello Care programme
- Rawlings backs Frimpong Boateng's call for use of organic-based fertilisers
- Gov't injects fresh capital into banks as bond-sale plan flops
- AirtelTigo launches special offer for Hajj pilgrims
- FBNBank appoints Victor Yaw Asante as new MD in Ghana
- Gov’t urged to implement fiscal electronic devices to meet revenue targets
- Lufthansa resumes flights to Cairo, British Airways stays grounded
- Work begins on KIA Terminal 3 to fix flooding
- Mid-Year Review to focus on revenue generation
- GCNet bags third consecutive Trade Facilitation Org. of the Year Award
- Samsung Ghana unveils new large capacity 2-door fridge, QLED PR TV