Audio By Carbonatix
Cristiano Ronaldo blasted boss Alex Ferguson's tactics as Manchester United became victims of a Euro Messi-cre.
United were slayed 2-0 by Spanish giants Barcelona, ending their dream of becoming the first team to win two consecutive Champions League crowns. Leo Messi won his personal duel against Ronaldo as he headed in Barca's second.
And Ronaldo risked Fergie's wrath by saying: "We didn't do well. The tactics were not good and everything went wrong for us. We were only in it for 10 minutes and we never found ourselves again."
Ronaldo's rant could cast further doubt on his United future with Real Madrid desperate to land the Portuguese winger this summer.
Ferguson blamed his defence after goals from Samuel Eto'o and Messi stunned United.
The United boss said: "Our whole season has been built on defensive strength, but they were very shoddy goals to concede. We didn't play as well as we can."
Fergie also believes some of his players will feel they let themselves down on the night.
He added: "It was a disappointing performance and some individuals will feel it themselves. With the players we have we expected to do better.
"That was our 66th game of the season and I have to say the players have shown great courage.
"We have played some great football at times but we were not at our best tonight. We just couldn't get going how we wanted to."
Centre-back Rio Ferdinand said that no United player could come away from the Stadio Olimpico with their head held high.
He said: "Not one of us can say we played well tonight. It's a shame we didn't play well, but we still created five or six chances.
"They were the better team and scored from their first attack.
"Special moments decide these games and they were deserved winners today."
Source: The Sun
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Minority Leader slams Mahama’s gov’t over…
23 minutes -
52-old-year cabbie killed in crash on Wenchi–Wa Highway
30 minutes -
Mamprugu Traditional Council calls for probe into alleged abuses linked to Bawku conflict
33 minutes -
Midie schoolchildren wade through mud daily to access education
36 minutes -
Osei Tutu SHS parents appeal for support to complete classroom block
42 minutes -
Heavy Thursday downpour inundates Cape Coast
42 minutes -
Galamsey: Conveners disappointed as police cancel street protest
45 minutes -
Rev Enoch Thompson elected Christian Council Chairman
48 minutes -
Rebranded PNC will be formidable force for 2028 elections – Mornah
53 minutes -
Ghana’s digital cedi targets cross-border trade, financial integration
57 minutes -
Traders at Kotokuraba jubilate over restoration of GN Bank’s licence
59 minutes -
Government announces support package for South Africa evacuees
60 minutes -
AGI seeks incentives for renewable energy projects
1 hour -
First non-Interest bank expected in Ghana this year – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Scientist identified more B6 vitamin in Beer than previously anticipated
1 hour