Audio By Carbonatix
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) sent a high level delegation led by Mr. Almamy Kabele Camara, the CAF 2nd Vice President and Chairman of CAF Organising Committee of CHAN, and accompanied by CAF Deputy Secretary General, Mr. Essam Ahmed, and CHAN 2014 CAF Event Director, Mr. Amr Fahmy to conduct host cities inspections for the 3rd Edition of the African Nations Championship (Orange CHAN 2014) which will take place at the 3 Host Cities; Cape Town, Mangaung (Bloemfontein), and Polokwane between 11 January and 1 February, 2014.
Accompanying the CAF delegation was the Local Organising Committee led by the CEO, Mr. Mvuzo Mbebe. The team conducted inspections at facilities and sites such as stadiums, training sites, and hotels, to determine the state of readiness and to confirm minimum requirements stipulated by CAF to host a tournament of this nature.
Addressing the joint CAF/LOC media conference held at the OR Tambo Southern Sun Hotel, Mr. Kabele Camara expressed his full satisfaction and confidence in the 3 cities and their readiness when he said: "I could not have expected anything less from South Africa and the 3 cities as your country has a proven track record in hosting successful international events.
With 162 Days to go today, the LOC and the 3 host cities are already hard at work in ensuring that CHAN lives up to the same standard recently witnessed when the country hosted Orange AFCON 2013.
We visited and conducted a detailed inspection of the competition areas in the stadium including training sites, media operations, hospitality areas, as well as team, referees, media and CAF hotels.
Judging by the state of preparedness and readiness, I can assure you that these cities are preparing for an excitement football tournament that will once again make your country and the continent proud. I only have good news to report back to the CAF President, Mr. Issa Hayatou".
The CEO of the LOC, said: "We are not going to let the success of Orange AFCON 2013 get into our heads and we are not taking anything for granted. We are applying the same formula we used during AFCON as well as the lessons learnt to make sure that Orange CHAN 2014 delivers in accordance with our objectives as well as CAF expectations.
We are still going to return to the host cities for another round of visits as the LOC, at the end of August and again in November, together with CAF again. This is how serious we take this competition.
We also share the same sentiments expressed by the CAF Vice President and Deputy Secretary General of CAF and we are pleased with what we have seen so far."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
8 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
17 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
18 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
36 minutes -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
40 minutes -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
49 minutes -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
49 minutes -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
1 hour -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
1 hour -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
1 hour -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
2 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
3 hours -
CJ Baffor-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy to remove Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin alleges
3 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
4 hours -
GIPA secures investor leads at Invest Fest 2026
4 hours