The Police say some documents needed to build a duplicate docket in the murdered Canadian case are not ready.
According to Chief Inspector Jacob Nyarko, the Police were yet to receive the full autopsy report on murdered Frank Kofi Osei, the Ghanaian domiciled in Canada.
He, therefore, prayed the Adenta District Court to give the prosecution some time to get all the necessary documents and reports to build the duplicate docket and forward same to the Office of the Attorney General for advice.
The court adjourned the matter to November 11.
Safina Mohammed Adizatu, a student, and Michael Fiifi Ampofo Arku, the two accused persons, are in lawful custody over the murder of Osei at Ashalley Botwe School Junction, in Accra.
Osei, a Ghanaian domiciled in Canada, was in the country for a vacation when he was allegedly murdered last month.
Safina, also known as Safina Diamond on social media, and Arku, are said to have stabbed Osei several times on his chin, jaw, back and strangled him.
Charged with conspiracy and murder, the two accused in the company of their respective lawyers, had their pleas reserved.
Narrating the facts, the prosecution led by Chief Inspector Jacob Nyarko, said Safina was a 23-year-old Level 100 student of the University of Ghana, and Arku, a Technical Officer of the Crop Research Institute, Kumasi.
The prosecution said Osei, now deceased, was a Ghanaian domiciled in Canada, who was in Ghana on vacation.
It said on July 24, this year, Osei visited Safina, his fiancé, who resided at Ashalley Botwe School Junction, Accra, and decided to pass the night there.
According to the prosecution, the accused later allegedly dragged the deceased from the first floor of the storey building through the staircase and dumped him at the gate of the house near where the deceased had parked his Toyota Tundra and washed the blood stains off the staircase.
The prosecution said Safina called a police officer and said her boyfriend visited her, and had died in her room.
The court heard that the police called members of the Police Patrol Team, which rushed to the scene and found the body of Osei lying at the gate of Safina’s house, but (she) Safina and Arku were nowhere to be found.
The prosecution said the police traced Safina to Ashalley Botwe School Junction and nabbed her.
It said Arku after allegedly committing the act, absconded to Kumasi, adding that efforts were underway to apprehend other accomplices on the run.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Adane Best, Epoxide, others for Ghana Day Festival in Switzerland
- Namibia bans export of unprocessed critical minerals
- Green Ghana Day: Continue nurturing trees for them to reach maturity – Lands Minister urges
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship
- Akufo-Addo reiterates commitment to protecting environment at Green Ghana Day
- As Ghanaians take climate action in planting 10million trees in a day
- Champions League final: Simone Inzaghi – the ‘nice guy’ who turned Inter Milan fortunes around