Hollywood star Chuck Norris has been forced to deny he was present at the riots in Washington DC last week after a photo of a lookalike was posted online.
The picture was uploaded to Twitter and showed a Donald Trump supporter next to a man with a likeness to the 80-year-old action hero.
It was captioned “Chuck Norris” and shared with the comment: “Wait, so are we not going to mention the fact that Chuck Norris was at the MAGA insurrection?”
After it was retweeted hundreds of thousands of times, Norris’s manager issued a statement claiming he was thousands of miles away from the Capitol when violence broke out on 6 January.
“This is not Chuck Norris and is a wannabe lookalike although Chuck is much more handsome,” he said.
“Chuck remains on his ranch in Texas, where he has been with his family.”
I have no doubt Chuck Norris is MAGA but this guy isn’t him. Very good lookalike but too young. pic.twitter.com/kD8bXNRzlW— Danielle Huss (@daniellehuss) January 12, 2021
Some social media users pointed out the man in the selfie has different colour eyes to the actor, but others were convinced it was him.
Five people died as a result of the violence that followed President Donald Trump’s speech to his supporters in Washington last Wednesday.
Protesters breached security and stormed the Capitol, wielding weapons and looting offices.
Norris is a longstanding Republican Party supporter and backed former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee’s presidential election bids in 2008 and 2016.
In 2012, he accused then-president Barack Obama of seeking to create a “pro-gay” Boy Scouts in a row over LGBT inclusion.
He is best known for his nine-season run on CBS’s Walker, Texas Ranger, but has appeared in dozens of films, including the 1972 Bruce Lee film The Way Of The Dragon.
He was more recently in the 2012 action film The Expendables 2 with Sylvester Stallone, Jet Li and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023
- ‘Reckless’ Gwyneth Paltrow caused Utah ski crash, lawyer says
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; will boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship