Audio By Carbonatix
Joshua “the hitter” Clottey has expressed disappointments in the way Ghanaians are treating him after losing to Manny Pacman Pacquiao in the WBO welter weight bout last week at Cowboy Stadium in Texas.
In an interview on Asempa FM's fire for fire, Clottey said he is so disappointed in Ghanaians for not even considering the predicament he went through before the fight.
According to him, apart from the 'kanwe' or salt peter 'infested' banku and okro stew which culminated in a serious diarrhea and general weakness before the bout, he did not have good day.
This he said happens to all sports men and should not be singled out for criticism.
“There may be ups and downs in one’s life but those behind have to vary the situation before they pass their comments”
In a related development, he denied the story reports that HBO has abrogated its contract with him.
On the contrary, HBO, the giant T.V Cable Network and a partner of boxing promoter Bob Arnum has extended his contract to three years.
He is looking forward to go into the ring soon to redeem his image.
“I don’t have any problem with Ghana Boxing Authority and former boxer Azumah Nelson” said clottey “but I thank Mr. Moses Foe Amoani for the wonderful support he gave me before and after the fight."
He concluded that, he is going to work hard and redeem his image and put all those who want his downfall to shame. Joshua is expected back home on Thursday
Story by Benedict Owusu Asempa sports
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
6 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
6 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
7 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
13 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
13 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
18 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
24 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
29 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
34 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
37 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
41 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
42 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
47 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
54 minutes -
Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership
60 minutes