Six out of the 21 persons who tested positive for coronavirus in the Ketu South Municipality of the Volta Region, have been discharged from the isolation centre following their recovery.
The six who were part of some illegal immigrants intercepted at the Ghana-Togo border in Aflao, have been handed over to the Immigration Service for the appropriate legal actions.
The Ketu South Municipal Chief Executive, Elliot Agbenorwu who disclosed this added that, four other cases tested negative during the first incubation period.
“If they test negative in the second incubation period, it means that the additional four will also have to be declared as recovered,” he said at a news conference at Tokor.
He disclosed that the assembly has intensified measures to lessen the infection rate of the coronavirus in the municipality, which has been identified as an emerging hot spot in the Volta Region.
He indicated that the assembly is considering procuring drones to monitor the unapproved routes along the Ghana-Togo border to help enforce the Presidential directive on the closure of the country’s borders to human traffic.
“We have reports that there are some people who are still assisting people to cross, but we are unable to get hold of these people.”
“When the drone is able to patrol, take some pictures and videos and capture one or two people who will be punished, it will deter others from doing so,” he said.
Mr Agbenorwu also indicated the various market centres in the municipality will be decongested to prevent overcrowding during trading activities, to lessen the infection rate.
He added that the assembly is also collaborating with the various transport unions to ensure strict adherence to the directive by the Transport Ministry.
Some 227 samples have so far been tested in the Ketu South Municipality, out of which 21 tested positive, with six recoveries and zero death.
- Free SHS: Uncompleted structures converted to classrooms at Prempeh College
- Saglemi contractor was paid $179m for $64m work – Attorney-General
- Accra-Tema motorway to experience 21-day disruption to traffic flow beginning Aug 1
- We’re initiators of ¢100 National Cathedral donation campaign, not government – Secretariat
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Take time off your schedules for a vacation – Palmer-Buckle tells academics
- National Cathedral to cost about $200m – Secretary for Board of Trustees
- Corrupt heads of public institutions should not go scotfree – Haruna Iddrissu to Special Prosecutor
- Kwame Asiedu Sarpong: Unpacking the confusion surrounding testing outcomes at KIA
- Aunt arrested after niece and nephew’s bodies found in her car, police say
Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded contract 3 times for $13m
Ghana’s economy entered into Covid-19 pandemic with favorable outlook – IMF
Manchester City make £100m bid for Aston Villa midfielder, Jack Grealish
Claims about cause of African leaders’ deaths debunked
Twitter news and updates in July – In case you missed them
Gunmen attack funeral of Hezbollah commander in Lebanon
Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
‘I saw my 2-year-old carried by a man with a gun’
Ghana Youth Movement drives mental health campaign
GNECC launches school-based campaign to address stigma related to Covid-19
Youth advised to be mindful of available employment opportunities when making career choices
NUGS appeals to UTAG, SSA-UoG to call off strike
Today’s frontpages: Monday, August 2, 2021
Speaker of Parliament admits to having no right to amend GIPC Act– GUTA