The Bono East Region has recorded 135 new cases of Covid-19 within the last 7 days. This has raised the region’s active cases from 77 to 212.
The region has since the outbreak of the pandemic recorded a cumulative number of 1,668 cases with 33 deaths.
Regional Health Director, Dr. Fred Adomako Boateng in an exclusive interview with JoyNews said 543 of the cumulative figure representing 32.6% are health workers, a situation he describes as “worrying”.
He appealed to the health workers in the region to strictly adhere to the safety protocols to protect themselves and their families.
“I wish to appeal to my colleague health workers who are always attending to patients not to let their guard down because we are not out of the woods yet,” he stated.
Dr. Fred Adomako Boateng added that, “The region currently has 123 mild cases, 3 moderate case, 6 severe cases and 2 persons are in critical conditions”.
He appealed to the general public to observe the prescribed social distancing and face covering protocols outlined to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in the region.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 87 illegal miners who invaded AngloGold Ashanti Obuasi Mine rescued
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko