Multimedia Journalist, Raymond Acquah has shared his near-death experience after contracting Covid-19.
Mr Raymond Acquah after a full recovery, took to social media to give details of his quarantined days as a patient at the Nyaho Medical Centre.
According to the journalist, life became difficult as he felt excruciating pain, which he believed would have led to his end.
“Covid-19 battered, bruised, and brought me to the lowest ebb! There was a point when the going got tough and they kept upgrading my respirators for oxygen with more complex machines. I just asked God to take my life away and put me out of my misery!” he stated.
My JoyNews colleague, Raymond Acquah shares his encounter with #COVID19.Gratitude Saturday: My Covid Story!I rise…Posted by Israel Laryea on Saturday, January 9, 2021
However, the Almighty God came into the story and replaced his despair with hope, he explained.
“But God came through for me. My Covid Story! I rise this day to thank the Almighty for keeping me alive!”
He expressed gratitude to his spouse, MzGee, and the staff of Nyaho Medical Centre for the care and love shown him during his lowest times.
“I am also eternally grateful to my wife, MzGee Ghana, who braved the storm to help me pull through it all! To my doctor, Dr. Tanko, those wonderful doctors at Nyaho Medical Centre especially, Ofori Anti and Dekpor and their lovely nurses! I say ayekoo!”
Meanwhile, Raymond Acquah has urged all Ghanaians to strictly adhere to the safety Covid-19 protocols laid out by the government to protect lives.
“Finally, friends I lived most part of the year in the UK without Covid, got it in Ghana and it almost killed me without any underlying medical condition! Please be careful!” he emphasized.
- Stop romanticizing the past so you can enjoy your life
- Woman who held 16 jobs simultaneously for three years never actually did any work
- The 5 potential stages of a breakup, according to relationship experts
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu mourns late former MP for Bantama
- What is love bombing and how is it different from falling in love?
- Are You Dealing With a Narcissist or Just a Selfish Jerk?
- Man gored to death by bull at Spanish festival
- Asenso-Boakye mourns former Bantama MP
- Central African Republic’s exiled former president sentenced to life in prison
- Let’s strengthen literacy, numeracy skills in formative years of children – Librarian
- GWCL announces interruption in water supply from Kpong Treatment Plant
- Gunmen abduct female students in north-west Nigeria
- 2 dead, others injured in road accident at Asankare Barrier
- Medical negligence: Can you sue a chiropractor for the wrong diagnosis and treatment?
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK