Ghana head coach, Otto Addo, has handed Hearts of Oak talisman, Daniel Afriyie, his first start for the Black Stars in his starting team to face Switzerland in the pre-World Cup friendly.
The 21-year-old has previously played for Ghana on two occasions in brief cameos but will have the opportunity to play from the start in Thursday’s friendly game.
RC Lens midfielder, Salis Abdul Samed, has also been named in the starting eleven.
Lawrence Ati-Zigi will man the post for the Black stars, with Tariq Lamptey and Baba Rahman playing as right-back and left-back, respectively.
Mohammed Salisu will partner with Daniel Amartey at central defence.
It looks like Andre Ayew will join Abdul Samed and Elisha Owusu in midfield while Jordan Ayew, Inaki Williams, and Barnieh will play in attack.
The game will kickoff at 10:00 GMT and will be live on JoyPrime TV.
See the starting lineups of Ghana and Switzerland below:
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents
- Banks profit fall by 18.9% to ¢3.9bn in 2022
- Exposé on school placement: I’m appreciative of your investigations – Education Minister tells Fourth Estate
- Attorney-General touts Ghana’s strong human rights record at un in Geneva
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé the greatest evidence of SHS placement fraud – Peter Anti
- ‘There’s nothing socialist about Nkrumah – 99-yr-old diplomat recounts
- Fiscal measures to help restore debt sustainability, cut inflation, stabilise cedi – MPC
- Young entrepreneurs in Ketu South Municipality sensitized on AfCFTA