The founder and General Overseer of the United Denominations Originating from the Lighthouse Group of Churches (UD-OLGC), Bishop Dag Heward-Mills, has expressed grief over the death of his 31-year-old son, David Heward-Mills.
Preaching to his congregation on Sunday in a sermon titled, ‘The grave is not the end’, the renowned evangelist, while opening up about the death of his son, noted that it has created a “funny environment.”
“My son David just passed away. It spoils everything. You ask me am I sad? If you had a son who died, will you be sad? You should ask yourself that question. It [death] spoils everything. It brings a funny environment and it makes nonsense of everything. We always try to wish it further and further away but that is how it is.”
The sudden demise of Dr. David Heward-Mills occurred on Easter Friday in the United States after shortly falling ill.
His death was announced in a circular issued to members of the church.
“It is with deep regret and great sorrow that we announce the sudden passing away of David Heward-Mills, after a short illness. David was the first son of our Founder and Presiding Bishop.”
“We, also as a church, are heartbroken, however, we stand with our leader and his family and believe that God will comfort and see us through this very difficult season.”
“Please respect their privacy during this difficult time. Funeral arrangements will be communicated in due course,” the circular said.
David worked as a resident physician at Prisma Health, Columbia, for almost two years in the United States of America.
He was a Research Physician at Shriners Hospitals for Children in Galveston.
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Rotaract Club of Ho supports Akrofu Xeviofe pupils with educational materials
- Members of pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth