Captain of the Black Stars, Andre Dede Ayew has heaped praises on his brother, Jordan Ayew for his performance against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa in the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) 2022 World Cup qualifier.
The match played on Sunday evening at the Cape Coast Sports Stadium saw Ghana beat South Africa by a lone goal courtesy Ayew’s penalty kick to cruise to the playoffs stage of the qualifiers.
Jordan Ayew, at the end of the match, has adjudged the Man of the Match for his contribution towards Ghana’s victory.
His elder brother, Ayew at the post-match conference praised his display on the field saying, “Jordan was unbelievable in the game. Am I the only one who saw him be the Man of the Match?
“If we had two Jordans on the pitch, things would have been different,” he added.
According to the captain, his younger brother was the only one who could hold onto the ball and run at defenders adding that he caused so many problems to their opponents.
Meanwhile, Dede Ayew, yesterday marked his 100th appearance in the senior national team scoring 22 goals.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill