The Civil and Local Government Staff Association, Ghana (CLOGSAG) has warned its members not to complete declaration forms for the processing of pensions by Social Security National Insurance Trust (SSNIT).
It said the form was designed in a manner that did not allow a pensioner “any claim, thereafter, even if there are even genuine grounds for further payment.”
This was contained in a statement signed by Isaac Bampoe Addo, Executive Secretary of CLOGSAG and copied to the Ghana News Agency on Wednesday.
It said such “disingenuous practice” had just surfaced and that they were at a loss as to what motivated such a demand from SSNIT.
The Association advised its members to desist from completing the “so called ‘acceptance form’” because the issue of past credits had not been resolved and that the possibility of further payment was there.
It added that the lack of synchronisation of employers records and that of SSNIT may also bring about further claims on SSNIT.
The Association said “coercing” retirees to sign such declaration forms was wrong and that during the period of fighting the Covid-19 menace, there should not be further stress placed on retirees.
It said it had petitioned the National Pension Regulatory Authority (NPRA) as the regulatory body of pensions to take action against SSNIT.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
#FixTheCountry campaigners are being prevented from crying after they’ve been punched in the gut – Kwakye Ofosu
May 9 stadium disaster: Persons With Disabilities join in 20th anniversary celebration
#FixTheCountry: Injunction obtained by police was in order – Attorney General
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil