Borussia Dortmund have signed highly-rated Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg.
The 19-year-old has joined the German side, who are fourth in the Bundesliga, on a deal until 2024.
Leeds-born Haaland, the son of former Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Manchester City player Alf-Inge Haaland, joined Salzburg from Norwegian side Molde in January.
He had been a reported transfer target for Manchester United and Juventus.
Haaland has scored 16 goals in 14 appearances in Austria’s top division this season and a further eight in the Champions League group stage, the second most in the competition.
Salzburg finished third in Group E, which was won by Liverpool.
Haaland, who will join Dortmund on 3 January, said: “There was a feeling right from the start that I absolutely wanted to switch to this club, go this route and play football in this incredible Dortmund atmosphere in front of more than 80,000 spectators.
“I’m already burning for it.”
Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said: “Despite many offers from absolute top clubs from all over Europe, Erling Haaland decided on the sporting task at BVB and the perspective that we have shown him.
“Our tenacity has paid off.”
- NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
- Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
- Police and NCA officers shut down Nana Agradaa’s Thunder TV, Ice1 TV
- Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
- Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Guinness Ghana’s Samuel Meyir Dery Joins FanMilk as new Marketing Director
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
Prudential Bank discusses transportation at 2nd AfCFTA Summit
NDC risks losing party bigwigs over accountability issues – Mohammed Frimpong
4 suspected phone snatchers nabbed at Ashaiman
Madina MP launches educational fund to mark 100 days in office
Teberebie residents receive free medical care
Pizza Express moves to hire 1,000 staff after cutting 2,400 jobs last year
No need to panic about China’s export of Cocoa – COCOBOD
National Bee Keepers Association laments ‘lukewarm attention’ towards beekeeping
China willing to help India in Covid-19 fight
IPPs chamber applauds Energy Minister for his candour and readiness to solve energy problems
Cape Coast North NPP fights MP over ‘false’ claims of securing 3 road contracts
Scabies outbreak hits Effiduase as health authorities struggle to contain it
Google and Apple attacked on app store ‘monopoly’
Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
AMA ejects illegal occupants at Independence Avenue Cluster of Schools