Delhi Public School International (DPSI) has held its annual industrial application and science exhibition fair.
The event, held at the premises of the school on Saturday, February 18, 2023, saw dozens of student presentations on a wide range of topics at the exhibition.
The top-ranking school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), DPSI mandated the students to research, design and make a brief presentation of their projects to parents and other guests who visited the event.
The first stand was the main exhibition which was a fascinating drone called JARVIS 2 which was created by some of the students. The students took the founder of the school, Mr Mukesh Thakwani and some dignitaries present through the creation of the drone, where they explained the functions of each of the parts of the drone and the main objective for such an innovation.
The chairman together with the dignitaries later moved from table to table exploring the great works and innovations by the students.
In his address, Mr Mukesh Thakwani expressed his excitement on the fascinating innovations displayed by the students and hailed the leadership of the school for a wonderful job done.
“This is a wonderful initiative from the teachers and the entire DPSI fraternity. They have done very wonderful but this wouldn’t have been possible without the help of their parents”, he said.
“I think the combination of the students and the parents really worked out excellently as we can see that over 600 exhibits have been done from pre-primary children and senior level students, and we have seen average type of project not only in Science but Mathematics, Economics, English and others, and I think it’s a wonderful creativity job done by the teachers and students along with the parents. A big thanks go to the DPSI fraternity”, Mr Thakwani added.
He believes the innovations by the students will go a long way to have a positive impact on society. “This is a very positive impact on the children and society as a whole because as we see, they are coming with a different type of projects which re going to help the society and the environment. I think that is a best thing and in the last what we saw about the science project what we are seeing that our children are going to get into the space making the satellite, I think that will give them a big exposure in the scientific field so a lot of things can be achieved to help the sector.”
The District Chief Executive for Ningo-Prampram, Al Latif Tetteh who was a guest for the event praised the management of the school for taking keen interest in government’s policy of promoting technical and vocational training.
He added; “Our district is trying to come out with an industrial fair and when it is established these students will have the opportunity to visit the industrial fair and encourage them to do more. Ningo Prampram is ready for industrialization where these students won’t be jobless after school..”
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- EFF joins other Pan African movements to stand with the people of Sudan
- Popular actress opens up about her past: From love to hatred towards her mother
- Ghana Climate Innovation Centre to host the 5th annual Incubating Climate Innovation Symposium
- ‘Sex for grades’ outlawed by Nigeria’s parliament
- Book Review: ‘Her Virginity’; thinking she was loved by the best!
- Camidoh nominated in 2023 BET Awards
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Wendy Shay thrills music lovers as she gets featured by one of Haiti’s biggest music star, K-Dilak
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Anthrax outbreak: FDA attributes it to butchers’ disregard for food safety standards
- Fight against galamsey: Residents of Segyemase worried about destruction of their water bodies
- District Education leaders embark on Change Leadership Programme
- Black Stars midfielder Salis Abdul Samed signs one-year contract extension with Lens
- Chelsea reject Emerson Palmieri makes history with Conference League win