The National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) parliamentary candidate for the Ayawaso-West Wuogon constituency, John Dumelo has called for a halt of the voting process at the GIMPA Polling Station 1 for the absence of indelible ink.
According to him, officials of the Electoral Commission were allowing the process to continue without marking the fingers of voters as per standard practice to prevent voters from voting more than once.
He said: “I am disappointed in the process. We do not have indelible ink here, and they are allowing the process to still continue which is wrong, which is not right; there should be indelible ink.”
“I suggest that they stop the whole process and let them get the ink before they continue. The indelible ink is the surest way to know that one has voted or not. Then people are coming to do over voting or what?”
Meanwhile, the Electoral Commission (EC) has addressed concerns about the hitches in the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency.
The EC in a public announcement said the lapses have led to a late start in voting in certain polling stations within the constituency.
“The Commission has taken immediate steps to address the situation. Voters who will be in the queue before 5:00 pm will be allowed to vote,” the announcement said.
John Dumelo is challenging Lydia Alhassan, the incumbent New Patriotic Party Parliamentary Candidate for the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency seat.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Electroland Ghana Limited to award Etouga, Annor & Prosper Ogum
- ‘It’s still 50-50’ – Francis Amuzu on choosing between Ghana and Belgium
- Mohammed Kudus makes Eredivisie Team of the Month for September
- We will work day, night to clear backlog of passports – Foreign Affairs Minister
- Falling in love is easy — Staying in love is a choice
- Why love is messy but beautiful at the same time
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- Uganda needs GridCo’s expertise in reliable power transmission – UETCL
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- What sounds are hot with Ghanaian Gen Zs right now?
- SSNIT launches Mobile Service Week at Ho
- Anny Osabutey: BHM Construction and Ningo-Prampram’s monstrous traffic
- Erik Ten Hag explains why he left Ronaldo on the bench in derby defeat
- Injured Baba Rahman to return before Ghana – Switzerland pre-World Cup friendly