Cape Coast Mysterious Dwarfs combined skills with stamina to hold Feyenoord Academy to a pulsating 1-1 draw in their Division One League match played at the Cape Coast Robert Mensah Stadium on Sunday.
After a goalless first half which saw Feyenoord missing two begging chances to score, they resumed the second half strongly and kept the Dwarfs’ vital area boiling.
Parading players including Ernest Asante, Daniel Boateng, Mandela Ocansey and Solomon Asante, they combined their game plan beautifully with man-to-man passes coupled with inter positional changes, forcing the Dwarfs defence to work overtime to contain the attack.
Feyenoord in the process earned a spot kick from which goalkeeper Philip Macarthy scored from the resultant kick in the 60th minute.
Dwarfs forced the tide in their favour and also equalized with a spot kick taken by their playmaker, Francis Gyepi in the 72nd minute.
In another match played at Sekondi, Cape Coast Venomous Vipers also held Sekondi Eleven Wise to a 1-1 draw.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
16 ‘galamsey’ excavators seized at Amenfi West in Western Region
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited
Government procures 4 more pre-assembled P3 labs for Covid-19 testing – Dr Kuma-Aboagye