Ecobank Ghana and Bolt, have signed a partnership agreement to offer discounts to Ecobank customers who patronise Bolt services and pay with Ecobank cards.
Under this partnership, Bolt riders will enjoy a high 50% discount on their first ride and a 5% discount on subsequent rides for the next 3 months, provided the rider pays with an Ecobank debit or credit Card.
The partnership agreement was signed at a brief ceremony held at the Ecobank Head Office, in Accra.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Dr Edward Botchway, Executive Director and Head of Consumer Banking at Ecobank Ghana said, “We are committed to providing our clients and the larger Ghanaian public with a safe, convenient, reliable and accessible mode of payments.
“In this respect, we are entering into this partnership with Bolt to provide our customers with the right platform to facilitate payments for their intracity transportation rides on Bolt. The discounts on offer are intended to reduce the financial burden of our customers, as they commute daily from place to place”.
Dr Botchway also intimated that Ecobank would continue to explore further avenues to bring great excitement to its customers, as they work to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
He urged all Ecobank cardholders to take advantage of the package on offer since every ride they take enables them to make substantial savings.
On his part, Kwaku Ampadu-Manu, Country Manager, Bolt Business, expressed his optimism that riders will take advantage of this offer.
He said, “Not only will our riders have the possibility of cashless payments, but we are also offering cash incentives to them. Riders who are Ecobank customers will receive a 50% discount on their first trip paid for with their cards, as well as 5% off subsequent rides for the next three months.
“Also, our drivers will enjoy cashback bonuses when the riders pay with their Ecobank debit or credit cards. Presently, drivers receive GHS2 extra on each card ride they complete.
“The incentive offer from this partnership is, therefore, a testament to the fact that we at Bolt are constantly crafting innovative means to create more demand for their service in a bid to improve driver earnings on the platform”.
Present at the ceremony were senior officials of both Ecobank Ghana and Bolt Ghana.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- South Africa clears way for Putin’s visit in immunity notice
- Frank Acheampong’s goal and assists inspire Shenzen to comeback win
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer reaches verbal agreement to sign for Augsburg – Report
- About 2.4 million Ghanaians are living with diabetes
- Man prises crocodile’s jaws off his head at Australian resort
- BoG needs to pay equal attention to non-bank financial institutions as it does banks – Dr. Anane-Antwi
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin