The Ministry of Education has cautioned parents and guardians of prospective Senior High School students against paying money as the school placement begins.
In a press statement dated January 28, the Ministry noted that the placement process is purely on merit and thus no other consideration is done whatsoever.
“Prospective Senior High School students, parents/guardians and the general public are hereby cautioned against any form of payment to unscrupulous individuals, offering to secure their preferred choice of school during the 2023 Computerised School Placement into Senior High/TVET Schools.”
The Ministry assured the general public of a transparent, equitable, and merit-based placement process.
This comes after The Fourth Estate released a trailer for its new documentary ‘School Placement for Sale’.
The documentary captures parents, guardians and officials in charge of the school placement, making deals to put wards in desired institutions.
The documentary is expected to air on Monday, January 30.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections