The Greater Accra Regional Police Command has introduced three new security emergency numbers as part of security arrangements to tackle any violence that may erupt during the elections.
“This is part of security arrangements to ensure it does not lose sight of any vital information or acts of violence that have the tendency to mar the peaceful conduct of the elections,” said a statement signed by Head of Public Affairs Unit Accra Regional Police, Effia Tenge.
Below is the full statement:
ELECTION SECURITY EMERGENCY NUMBERS
The Accra Regional Election Security Taskforce has introduced three new emergency numbers in addition to existing ones to enable the public and the media to reach its information desk during the 7th December general elections.
The numbers are:
055 – 799 9911
055-799 99 22
050-710 23 69
This is part of security arrangements to ensure it does not lose sight of any vital information or acts of violence that have the tendency to mar the peaceful conduct of the elections.
The Regional Taskforce is hereby calling on the good people of Ghana to be vigilant and call the emergency lines on any situation that calls for swift Police intervention. It will, however, appeal to the public to desist from circulating speculations, fabrications and the false information especially on social media platforms and direct all information of police interest to its information desk.
The public is encouraged to make good use of the new numbers in addition to the existing ones (National Police number 191, MTN/Vodafone toll-free 18555, Police hotlines 0302-773 695, 0302-773 906,) and call the Police to report, verify or confirm any piece of information.
Public Affairs unit/AR
[Effia Tenge] ASP
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- We have a very good candidate in Dr. Duffour – Fritz Bafour
- Division One: Heart of Lions extend Zone 3 lead to 15 points
- Kejetia market fire: Traders warned to desist from forceful opening of shops