Elon Musk’s dad has fathered a second child with his stepdaughter, who is 41 years his junior, he said in a new interview.
Errol Musk, 76, told The Sun Wednesday that he had a daughter with Jana Bezuidenhout, 35, in 2019.
The elder Musk and Bezuidenhout previously welcomed a son, Elliot Rush, who is now 5 years old.
Bezuidenhout’s mother, Heide, and Musk were married for 18 years and share two children. Bezuidenhout was 4 years old when Musk became her stepfather.
Errol and Maye Musk were married from 1970 to 1979 and share three children: Elon, Kimbal, and Tosca.
Errol Musk told The Sun the child “wasn’t planned,” adding that he and Bezuidenhout lived together for roughly 18 months after the birth of their first child. They no longer live together but “have a lot of affection for each other,” he said.
The elder Musk said his daughters were “shocked” by his relationship with Bezuidenhout. The New York Post reported that he had fathered a total of seven children.
“To them, it was their sister,” he told The Sun. “They still feel a bit creepy about it, because she’s their sister. Their half-sister.”
Speaking with the tabloid, Musk echoed his son’s views on population growth.
“The only thing we are on Earth for is to reproduce,” he said. “If I could have another child I would. I can’t see any reason not to.”
Today, Errol and Elon Musk are estranged.
A day later, he tweeted, “Doing my best to help the underpopulation crisis. A collapsing birth rate is the biggest danger civilization faces by far.”
The tech billionaire has repeatedly expressed concern about falling birth rates over the years. Last year, he tweeted that “civilization is going to crumble” if people don’t have more children.
Experts say declining birth rates don’t have to spell disaster if governments and corporate leaders take the right steps to adjust to a world with fewer people.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups